Casa Gallina sits in an upscale and secure oceanfront development with the ambiance of a tropical forest, Lawson Rock, Roatan’s premier resort community offering 24 hour security, community pools, lush, tropical landscaping, wooded hillsidesCasa Gallina is surrounded by mature trees in a park like setting, offering a very serene atmosphere from the moment you enter the front door, you find yourself in a lush garden courtyard, and the rest of the world disappears….
A perfect place to relax, far from the maddening crowd, yet close enough to shopping areas, restaurants, bars, airport and the unique seaside village of West End
Just a two-minute walk to the Vista Pavilion, the entryway to 3,000 feet of tranquil white sand beach, natural rock formations, shimmering blue waters… Enjoy the extensive pier with swimming platform to launch your two kayaks or to snorkel the nearby reef also an ideal spots to relax and enjoy spectacular sunsets!
The house is comprised of four separate buildings, each with its own characters
- A sitting area in the main building, which also houses the kitchen, dinning room with adjacent screened porch and study nook with built-in desk, all have views of the white stone patio, pool and courtyard
- A fully equipped kitchen, with stainless steel appliances, walk-in pantry and breakfast bar, showcases a combination of concrete, natural slate and Honduran hardwood counter top, it offers a full view of the dinning room, patio, pool and courtyard beyond
- Spacious outdoor living area, perfect for entertaining or just relaxing, surrounds three sides of an infinity edge pool and serves to connect the four “pods” of the house
- There are two guest rooms in the guest “pod” which is accessed by a screened corridor/breezeway from the main building … The guest powder room located between them, showcases handmade ceramic tiles depicting chickens made by young school children, which has given the house its name, each bedroom has an en-suite private bathroom with Balinese style shower
- The spacious master bathroom forms part of the very large, private second level master suite, with a comfortable sitting area, built-in desk and bookcase, walk-in closet and private terrace overlooking the courtyard
- The stair tower breezeway accessing the master suite is a pleasant area for a morning coffee or planning your day… an island style hutch with coffee maker is provided here … below the breezeway, accessed from the main patio is a laundry room with snorkel gear and pool towels
- Below the master suite, a double garage houses the sea kayaks and pool floats, as well as a gas BBQ grill
Additional services can also be arranged… housekeeping, massage, private cook, driver
Allow us to be your host, come home to Casa Gallina…
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Air Conditioning
- Washer and dryer
- Dishwasher, microwave and all small appliances
- BBQ grill
- TV/DVD and stereo system with separate controls in the living area, pavilion, and pool
- Two kayaks available for your enjoyment
- Local Cell phone provided
- Wireless Internet included
About the Lawson Rock Community:
- Lawson Rock is a private owner’s only neighborhood
- Uniformed security is on duty 24/7 at the entrance gate, they patrol the entire property and they will assist you with taxis
- There is no public access or pedestrian and vehicle traffic
- Phone numbers for security are displayed in the house this ensures a safe, quiet, and peaceful stay
- All home owners are active or retired business owners or professionals and seldom are many in residence
- Approximately 15 homes in this Oceanside section of Lawson Rock
Casa Gallina Location:
Centrally located between Coxen Hole (Airport) and West End Village
- 10 minute ride to Eldon’s Grocery (Coxen Hole)
- 10-12 minute ride to West End -where you can take a water taxi to West Bay Beach
- 20 minute ride to West Bay Beach
- 45 minute ride to Black Pearl Golf course in Pristine Bay
(May thru Nov)
(Dec thru Apr)
|PEAK – (Xmas, New Year’s & Easter)|
|Full House Master + Two Bedrooms||$1,300/wk||$1,600/wk||2,000/wk|
|Master + One Bedroom||$1,200/wk||$1,800/wk||N/A|
- Full house – maximum 6 people
- Full house -$300/week additional for air conditioning
- Cleaning fee: $60
- $ 500 security deposit, which will be returned upon satisfactory check-out no later than 10 days after your departure
- Rates do not include 19% Honduran sales taxes
Submit your review
We were so thrilled with both the island of Roatan and Casa Gallina. Very comfortable well maintained home. We felt completely safe. Everyone at Roatán Property Management were wonderful to deal with and so helpful. We were there with our family over Christmas and had an excellent time. We spent hours by the pool and sitting outside in the covered deck, we loved having the ceiling fan there. The location was excellent for exploring the island.
Nice island, nice house, nice people, how could it get any better!
Recommended for: Families with Young Children, Sightseeing, Girls Getaway, Tourists without a Car, Adventure Seekers, Age 55+, Romantic Getaway, Families with Teenagers
Casa Gallina is a really nice house in a beautifully maintained gated community. It was much larger than we had imagined. The master suite, above the garage is huge, is like a small apartment with couches, big closets a king bed and desk area. In addition to the 2 other bedrooms, and main house, there is a high ceiling pavilion that is for sitting in a breezy screened in area near the pool. The kitchen is great with a big long island where many people can sit and watch the cooks or work on both sides, plus a big dining table for 8. We appreciated having nice knives and china for 8 plus a microwave and a great blender. So many smoothies and Pina Coladas! The pool, in the center of the house is great, a perfect temperature for dipping in to cool off or staying in for hours.
But the best thing about the location is the great snorkeling! The house is not on the water, but just a 5 minute walk down the little drive is the community dock where we spent hours swimming and snorkling. We talked to others who were renting houses on the beach but didn’t have a dock and they had a hard time getting out through the sea grass to snorkel.
When swimming off the dock, you dive into the 80+ degree water, and there are fish right there and small coral heads within a 5 minute swim. We saw turtles, parrot fish, schools of sergeant majors, and (blue green ones), spiny lobsters, groupers, soft and hard coral and lots of fan coral. If you are more advanced, you can swim out over the reef and out there it is fabulous. There is a plain of fan coral then narrow canyons as the reef drops off into the blue. There were big schools of fish that we could have watched for hours. We went on a dive boat and it was just as good as that. To get there, go at medium to high tide and swim out to the rock that has a marker on it straight out from the dock (it is about a 10-15 minute swim). About 50 feet out from that and just to the right, there is a narrow place in the reef that you can swim through.
Casa Gallina is a 15 minute drive from either the airport or to West End, a cute little town farther along the road with lots of little restaurants, and the dive shop that we really liked. We would really recommend Coconut Tree Divers. They were very professional and super organized. I’m not a very experienced diver and sometimes I feel a bit out of my comfort zone, but on both of the 2 dives that I went on, I felt relaxed and had fun. My husband is very experienced and went
Recommended for: Adventure Seekers, Age 55+, Families with Teenagers
Ally S. said...
Feb 13, 2014
If Goldilocks had a vacation home on Roatan...
Lawson Rock, Lawson Rock, Roatan Island, Honduras (508524)
Jan 13, 2014
Official Response: Leave this blank if you do not want it to be public
Mark as Approved | Move to Trash | Delete Forever
Minimum Stay: 3 nights