Designed by renowned Honduran architect Hugo Coello, a stunning hilltop home in the exclusive residential community of Mar Vista Bay… just minutes away from West End Village and West Bay Beach.Spectacular hilltop home with mountain and sea views, and infinity edged pool, just minutes to West Bay Beach and West End Village. This three bedroom three and a half bath private home in the exclusive residential community of Mar Vista Bay offers casual elegance, privacy, convenience and comfort.
Overlooking the south shore of the island and the Caribbean Sea, on a clear day you can see the Hog Islands and the mountains of mainland Honduras with the majestic backdrop of Pico Bonito, an 8,000 ft. peak 30 miles away.
- Spacious open plan living room, dining room and kitchen with walls of glass open to a large covered patio and pool.
- The home is comfortably furnished with pieces from both Honduras and Indonesia, interior doors are locally hand carved mahogany and walls are decorated with local art that compliments this beautiful tropical island home.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with San Juan (a tropical hardwood) cabinets and granite countertops, and all the large and small appliances you will need for cooking and dining at home.
- The Master bedroom offers a king size bed and private bath with glass sliders giving access to the patio and pool.
- Two guest bedrooms one with a king size bed and private bath, the other at the opposite end of the house has a queen size bed, private bath and glass sliders to access the patio and pool area.
- All rooms have ceiling fans and individual wall mounted a/c units so each guest can control the temperature to their own liking.
- La Colina ( “the hill”) is sited at the top of a small valley facing south to catch the prevailing trade winds so you can enjoy cool breezes if you prefer not to use the a/c.
- The pool patio is furnished for gracious outdoor living including a comfy love seat, overstuffed chairs with ottomans, teak lounge chairs, and dining table for your enjoyment.
- Off the pool patio there is an outdoor shower and half bath.
- The grounds are beautifully landscaped with tropical flowers and trees.
- Bull Dog Security International and their roaming response team provide protection 24/7, assuring you peace of mind while enjoying this private peaceful home and setting.
- Mar Vista Bay has a private” Key Hole” sandy beach with Palapa if you prefer to have a quiet beach outing without the crowds.
- 46″ flat screen with Direct TV
- DVD/CD with USB – Ipod/MP3 player
- Gas B.B.Q Grill
- Back-up Generator
- Wireless Internet Included
* Please No Smoking Inside Home *
(May thru Jun, Sep thru Nov
(Jul thru Aug)
(Dec thru Apr)
|PEAK – (Xmas, New Year’s & Easter)|
|Master Bedroom + 1 Guest Bedroom||$1,800/wk||$2,000/wk||$2,200/wk||$3,000/wk|
|Master Bedroom Only||$1,400/wk||$1,600/wk||$1,800/wk||$3,000/wk|
- Maximum 6 people
- $ 500 security deposit, which will be returned upon satisfactory check-out no later than 10 days after your departure.
- Due to the high cost, electricity is an additional charge. usage will be determine by reading the meter on arrival and departure.
- Cleaning fee: $60
- Rates do not include 19% Honduran sales and room tax
- NOTE: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice
Submit your review
This place is perfect. It’s beautiful inside and outside. The grounds and pool were kept up very well. The inside is beautiful and has plenty of everything. We had a cook (Susan) come to the house the night of my husbands birthday and she did a wonderful job. She set everything up, cooked and cleaned up. The food was amazing. She even made a fresh key lime pie for his birthday. The management company was great to work with, any questions or concerns we had were addressed right away.
The only thing is the water pressure is not very good, you just have to plan ahead and get use to it.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Arriving at this beautiful home, check in was great, we were early and they accommodated us without hesitation. The home is tastefully decorated, kitchen was well equipped, drinking water supplied, bed linens and bathroom towels were above expectations. The pool, and view was the pool, was exceptional. Outside living area was comfortable and well shaded. Only difficulty was location, not really within walking distance due to the steep hills. Arrangements with Marty for rides was smooth and easy, highly recommend him. Great stay on the island, might need a car next time.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of La Colina. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time there. Our goal is always to exceed your expectations! If there’s anything we can help you with during your next visit, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We hope to see you soon!
My wife and I stayed for 2 weeks and the house was great! Spacious, fully stocked kitchen, ice maker in the fridge, bottled water, very comfortable couches, inside and out! Plenty of air-tight storage containers that are a must with the humidity and island bugs! Pool, provided grill and propane were awesome. There is a automatic generator, which is great for the frequent power outages. Location was great as well, minutes (by car) to the West Bay Beach and the West End. DirectTV was often hampered by the weather, but the internet was fast enough to stream Netflix on the large living room TV. We used AC in the main room for 2 nights and every night in the bedroom when sleeping and the electrical bill was only around $80 per week. The wildlife around the home was awesome - bats, lizards, geckos, agoutis, hummingbirds, and we even saw McCaw's flying by almost nightly at 5pm! A few issues we experienced were the WiFi not allowing connections, even to the house smart TV. The management company provided a new router, but it did take almost a week. We only got two DirectTV channels sometimes, even on a clear day, On rainy days, water flows into the common bathroom and at the 2nd bedroom door along with 2 roof leaks. Upon arrival, the private cove beach was full of trash from the ocean. It was cleaned up after a few days, but still had signs of trash and we opted to go to the West Bay Beach instead, only 5 minutes’ drive away. We didn't think the cove/beach was as advertised - rough waters / rocky terrain not suitable for laying out, swimming or snorkeling. The listing pictures need to be updated as because there has been plenty of bushes and trees that have now grown to obstruct the view. The management company was very responsive and attentive to address our issues (replacing internet router, cleaning a path / garbage at the beach, answering questions, etc).
Thank you for letting us know about the issues that you experienced during your recent stay at our property. Reviews like these give us an opportunity to address areas of improvement. Guest satisfaction is our top priority, and I humbly request that you accept our apology.
The property is 10/10, view is stunning, they had everything we needed
This property is outstanding!! Every little detail was taken care of. It’s GORGEOUS, neat, clean, very well equipped, cozy and definitely worth it’s price. They even provided two little book-guides with activities, contacts and pictures. There’s a private keyhole beach about 500 meters from the house. By far the best Airbnb I’ve stayed in.
I appreciate your positive feedback about La Colina. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re traveling to our area again soon, don’t hesitate to book from us....
This house was so beautiful and had everything we needed to feel comfortable. The property management company was very responsive and there to help with anything we needed. Look forward to staying there again soon!
I appreciate how responsive you were to all of our needs before and during our trip. Your communication was greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience. Happy to know the team met your expectation! We look forward to working with you again in the future!
Lovely location with a great view and only a short drive to West End (where we were diving). Exceptionally well stocked kitchen and comfortable furniture. We had everything we needed for our 1 week stay and enjoyed our time in this home.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review, it is very much appreciated by us. Your private feedback is noted! You are welcome back any time!
If I said this location was amazing it would not do it justice. I just hope it is available when I wish to visit Roatan again.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great compliment. We are delighted to know that you love the house. You are welcome every time you come to the island.
This is a must stay location, We really loved staying here.
Thank you for your feedback Isaac, good to have you!!