Designed by renowned Honduran architect Hugo Coello, a stunning hilltop home in the exclusive residential community of Mar Vista Bay… just minutes away from West End Village and West Bay Beach.Spectacular hilltop home with mountain and sea views, and infinity edged pool, just minutes to West Bay Beach and West End Village. This three bedroom three and a half bath private home in the exclusive residential community of Mar Vista Bay offers casual elegance, privacy, convenience and comfort.
Overlooking the south shore of the island and the Caribbean Sea, on a clear day you can see the Hog Islands and the mountains of mainland Honduras with the majestic backdrop of Pico Bonito, an 8,000 ft. peak 30 miles away.
- Spacious open plan living room, dining room and kitchen with walls of glass open to a large covered patio and pool.
- The home is comfortably furnished with pieces from both Honduras and Indonesia, interior doors are locally hand carved mahogany and walls are decorated with local art that compliments this beautiful tropical island home.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with San Juan (a tropical hardwood) cabinets and granite countertops, and all the large and small appliances you will need for cooking and dining at home.
- The Master bedroom offers a king size bed and private bath with glass sliders giving access to the patio and pool.
- Two guest bedrooms one with a king size bed and private bath, the other at the opposite end of the house has a queen size bed, private bath and glass sliders to access the patio and pool area.
- All rooms have ceiling fans and individual wall mounted a/c units so each guest can control the temperature to their own liking.
- La Colina ( “the hill”) is sited at the top of a small valley facing south to catch the prevailing trade winds so you can enjoy cool breezes if you prefer not to use the a/c.
- The pool patio is furnished for gracious outdoor living including a comfy love seat, overstuffed chairs with ottomans, teak lounge chairs, and dining table for your enjoyment.
- Off the pool patio there is an outdoor shower and half bath.
- The grounds are beautifully landscaped with tropical flowers and trees.
- Bull Dog Security International and their roaming response team provide protection 24/7, assuring you peace of mind while enjoying this private peaceful home and setting.
- Mar Vista Bay has a private” Key Hole” sandy beach with Palapa if you prefer to have a quiet beach outing without the crowds.
- 46″ flat screen with Direct TV
- DVD/CD with USB – Ipod/MP3 player
- Gas B.B.Q Grill
- Back-up Generator
- Wireless Internet Included
* Please No Smoking Inside Home *
(May thru Jun, Sep thru Nov
(Jul thru Aug)
(Dec thru Apr)
|PEAK – (Xmas, New Year’s & Easter)|
|Master Bedroom + 1 Guest Bedroom||$1,800/wk||$2,000/wk||$2,200/wk||N/A|
|Master Bedroom Only||$1,400/wk||$1,600/wk||$1,800/wk||N/A|
- Maximum 6 people
- Cleaning fee: $75
- $ 500 security deposit, which will be returned upon satisfactory check-out no later than 10 days after your departure.
- Due to the high cost, electricity is an additional charge. usage will be determine by reading the meter on arrival and departure.
- Rates do not include 19% Honduran sales and room tax
- NOTE: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice
Submit your review
Great Management company! Everything was just as described, clean, they were attentive of our needs and they have an excellent team! Thanks
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with LA COLINA. Happy to know the team met your expectation! We look forward to working with you again in the future!
Wonderful, wonderful stay! First, we booked a three bedroom house named La Colina. The photos do not do it justice. It is a gorgeous house with all the amenities and then some. It is really close to all the nice hotels/restaurants in West Bay. I can see myself inviting other friends to join me in this beautiful house. In fact, the house is so nice we sometimes didn't want to leave it. Book early because this property is very coveted. We were only able to stay one week and needed to extend our stay in Roatan for another week. Emily, who is the cleaning supervisor, told us about another property managed by Roatan Property. She went out of her way to ensure we were able to reserve the next property, including taking her team to the next house to have it ready for us. This second property is named Turquoise Views...and what a view! We loved it. Every time we had to extend our stay, Tanisha from Roatan Property was prompt with her replies and attention. I highly recommend booking with Roatan Property and their properties. The two I mention here are jewels!
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
I could not have been more comfortable.
I appreciate your positive feedback about La Colina
This property is gorgeous, the photos really don't do it justice. The house has every amenity you could possibly need, the outside space is completely relaxing and the pool just perfect. We were three girlfriends vacationing together in this house and we felt completely safe. I would recommend hiring a car as it's not in the more built up part of West Bay and it's a steep hill off the main road down to the house. But it is only a 5 minute drive to West Bay, 10 minutes to West End, very convenient. If there was one complaint it would be that the third bedroom (2nd Guest) was apparently quite a warm room even with the ac on.
Thank you for your review Amanda, we will address the AC in the guest bedroom as soon as possible.
La Colina gets a 5 star review from me. If I could give it 6 stars I would. The pics on the website look amazing and you may think that’s probably the work of a great photographer. In some cases that happens but not in this one. La Colina looks better in person stunning. Once you arrive you see the that the house is very large and well-spaced open concept. Lots of space on the back patio. Lots of places to sit. The pool is not large however its not too small. It’s just enough for going for a dip which was perfect for my family needs. And the view from the back patio is absolutely breath taking. The staff at Roatan Property Management was very helpful. Went above and beyond to make our stay memorable.
Thank you Frank, we are so happy to see that you took the time out to review this rental and was well pleased with our services.
The villa was beautiful. Pictures on the website does not cover the true essence and beauty. The flowers and vegetation was very picturesque. Puts you in the mind of having a private garden and Oasis to look at every day from the comfort of the private balcony. Absolutely gorgeous. The location was perfect. Semi-private in the mountains overlooking the Caribbean Sea...just steps away from a small private beach and a 15 min drive to West End. The villa is very spacious, 3/3.5. Well stocked kitchen, powder room and bathrooms. Sleeps three couples perfectly. Could squeeze one more in on the sofa in the living room. The house was very accommodating. They arranged for chef, transportation services and locations for COVID testing for my group. Marty our preferred driver was top notch. The entire Team was very professional and responsive to our requests. Will definitely recommend staying at this villa.
Thank you so much for taking the time to review this rental. We are glad to know it met your expectations. We will be happy to host you again.
Awesome place to stay. Just monitor your electricity use because it’s an additional charge.
We appreciate your review! Thank you for choosing us as your host! You are welcome to come back.
his place was exactly what we all needed. We were able to make it home. We cooked delicious meals and enjoyed the patio, pool and the private beach. I definitely recommend this property!
Thank you for your review, we are happy to know this rental met your expectations!
Great Views Pool nice during day, scary at night with bats and total mess every morning. Super Host not real helpful..stuck at car rental because the address was not familiar, nor could we get directions from our host. Expected a little more direction in a foreign country, everyone else seemed to get their job done with Covid ..
We apologized for the bat inconvenience it's not easy to control nature, We did provided you will all general information via airbnb on August 20, I think you didn't take the time to read all the information that was sent to you. Upon arrival you called and directions was sent to you via WhatsApp right away. Also i would mentioned that you were to provide us with card details for the incidental deposit at check in, you ignored us the entire stay until September 27 which was 2 days before departure, We try to do our job as professional as possible and i apologized for any inconveniences.
This home is beautiful. The gardens surrounding the home are stunning. There is plenty of kitchen supplies to satisfy all types of cooking. We did experience issues during our stay but the staff (Tulio, Stella and Risa) are extremely responsive. There is a little beach you can walk to and drop in for snorkeling. Quiet neighborhood and close to the small town of West Bay.
Thank you for sharing your feedback!
I am delighted to hear the team was very responsive on handling the issues during your stay. It was a pleasure to host you and Family for the Holidays.